June 18, 2018

Disney World Part 1

Where's the most magical place on earth? Disney World! Growing up I had the pleasure of going three times with my family. I absolutely loved it!

Each family has their own decision as to how, when, or how long they go IF they even go. It's not cheap and if you've never gone it can seem not worth it. I get it. Having experienced it, however, Disney was something I was willing to save up for and experience again (Nick started off with the mindset that this is the one and only time we will ever go.... we'll see!) I always wanted to take my own family, but it was a debate of when to go. Few factors:
  • Boys had to be tall enough to ride most of the rides
  • Boys should be old enough to (hopefully) remember it
  • We should go sometime before our 10 year anniversary
  • We had to be debt free
Nick and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary in spring, so we're getting close on the 10 year imaginary deadline. Two years ago we sold our house and finished paying off our student loans (that's another story for another day!). Ryan just BARELY reaches 42 inches, and Zach is at 48 inches. It was the perfect time for our family to plan a trip!

AND IT WAS SO HARD TO KEEP IT A SECRET FROM THE BOYS!!


We decided about Christmas 2017 to surprise and go this summer. AH! It was SO HARD, but somehow we pulled it off! We had to stake out the mailbox before the boys on several occasions.

The night before our trip we told the boys that we had to take my mom to the airport really early. Then in the morning we got up, had them open a present and told them. SURPRISE! It's us!

You can also check out the video here:


We went for 11 nights, 8 park days, and had park hoppers. We scheduled in down days and daily naps. It was exhausting and magical! With over 1,000 images on my DSLR camera alone, here are some of my favorites, part one.

Day 1
Travel day and resort day






Day 2
Magic Kingdom AM and Epcot PM







Day 3
Magic Kingdom AM and Animal Kingdom PM




"The wilderness must be explored! Caw, caw, ROAR!!"
They had Wilderness Explorer stations throughout Animal Kingdom where kids could earn Wilderness Explorer badges. So fun!



The Rivers of Light Show was phenomenal! I had never experienced it since when I went to Animal Kingdom it was a day park only. This show is easily tied as one of my top favorite Disney night shows. I am a huge firework lover, and even though this has no fire works, it was MIND BLOWING and so magical! This show is worth seeing!




Day 4
Typhoon Lagoon and Hollywood Studios















Click here for Part two of our trip!

Want more videos? The videos are in 2 part (In know, they don't match up to the blog), but you can check them out here:

No comments:

Post a Comment